ONE RANK ONE PENSION
- OROP demand started in 1973 (42 years).
- What is OROP:- One Rank, One Pension (OROP), or same pension, for same rank and for the same length of service, irrespective of the date of retirement, was the basis for determining the pension and benefits of Indian Armed Forces till 1973.
- Koshiyari Committee APPROVED OROP in 2011 said, “Government should implement OROP in the defence forces across the board at the earliest and further that for future, the pay, allowances, pension, family pension, etc. in respect of the defence personnel should be determined by a separate commission so that their peculiar terms” are properly taken into account”
- Veterans attacked and beaten by police on 69th Independence Day.
- 8300 Crores required for OROP
- 5.32 Lakh Crores Rebate given to Big Corporates in last Budget.
- Reason for Agitation:- MODI ji`s promise during election campaigning and after winning.
- Earlier PMs also promised for OROP which include Manmohan Singh ji. But Modi`s speech got a lot of support from veterans and thus demands from modi.
- Who in india already has OROP:- IAS officers (Civil Services), Judges (Judicial Services) enjoy OROP.
SHAME for Disrespecting the only job which is held in high spirits and associated with Honor.
“Pakistan ko to kya jawaab dena tha, aapne to apne hi fauji Thhok diye”